What is ELTAM MK?
ELTAM MK is a non-governmental, non-profit association of teachers of English as a foreign language in the Republic of North Macedonia, affiliated to IATEFL (International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language) and TESOL International (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages). It was founded in 1999.
ELTAM MK provides a forum which unites ELT professionals from across the Republic of North Macedonia engaged in teaching, studying and conveying research on the English language and literaturе in a methodological context. Its primary goal is to encourage mutual support and make opportunities available for professional development of its members, with the view of improving English language instruction in the country and raising the level of English language learning and acquisition across a broad spectrum of Macedonian professionals, working in different institutions and at various levels.
- To foster cooperation and exchange of ideas among English language professionals in the country;
- To raise professional awareness of EFL teachers;
- To promote permanent self-development in order to meet higher standards in the TEFL profession;
- To disseminate best ELT practice;
- To provide access to information, expertise and materials connected to TEFL;
- To develop a regional, national and international network of professionals;
- To create an awareness of shared human values.
- Organizing and coordinating professional training for ELTs;
- Organizing professional conferences, seminars, workshops and lectures;
- Providing information about the latest developments in ELT;
- Creating opportunities for its members to attend conferences abroad and to participate in seminars, workshops and other professional gatherings;
- Establishing cooperation with IATEFL and the TAs from the region;
- Promoting research in ELT;
- Supporting and creating opportunities for participation in projects on national and international level;
- Organizing regional and state competitions in ELT for primary and secondary schools;
- Encouraging establishment of SIGs (Special Interest Groups);
- Cooperating with educational and pedagogical institutions from the country and abroad.
The governing bodies of ELTAM MK are the General Assembly, the President of ELTAM MK and the Executive Board.
The General Assembly, which is made up of all the members of the Association, meets once a year to propose the plan of work for the following year and adopt the financial report and the report for the work of ELTAM. It also elects bodies, the President, as well as new members of the Executive Committee.
The President, who is elected by the General Assembly with a four-year term, represents the Association, signs all the acts, contracts and financial documents in the name of the Assembly and its members. The President coordinates the work of the Executive Board and makes sure that the programme of the Association is implemented.
The Executive Board prepares the sessions of the General Assembly, coordinates the work of the local coordinators, brings decisions regarding the organization of professional training workshops and events, implements the programme of work, and is entitled to supervise the work of the Association.
Executive Board Members
Miroslava Pavlova Anevska
Marina Nikolovska Ristova
Primary School Competitions Coordinator
Secondary School Competitions Coordinator
Aleksandra Popovski Golubovik
Elizabeta Hristovska Icheva